Very Im-paw-tent news! Out first event after lockdown is here.
Have a dog or just LOVE dogs? This is the event for you! Join us for…
- Southampton’s FIRST ever open air dog cafe
- Lots of doggy fun & cuddles – ALL breeds welcome!
- Free Pupuccinos worth £3.50 from the famous Pop + Bark Pupuccino Bar
- Large open air venue for safe socialising within a beautiful setting
- Doggy Bakery & Pawesome Pick & Mix
- Delicious Breakfast & Brunch menu by All Bar One
- Shopping with The Crafty Dog Co mini market
- Fun photo opportunities for you and dogs
- Prizes for best photos and videos uploaded to social media
- The best & most popular dog experience in the UK organised by Pug Cafe
Paw-fectly located in front of the old city walls, you will be able to soak up the sunshine and summertime vibes whilst being surrounded by lots of unbelievably cute dogs! Whether you love quirky little pugs, slinky sausage dogs or great big Labradors.
This is the ultimate feel-good morning for all pooches, dog owners and dog lovers alike. Its the best way to socialise your dog (and yourself!) after what has been a tough year all round.
If your dog has been by your side throughout, treat them to the best morning out – they will absolutely love meeting lots of furry friends and not to mention being spoilt rotten with plenty of treats and attention.
You can bring any well-behaved dog – big or small, pedigree or mixed breed, puppy or golden oldie. This is going to be a collective of Southampton’s cutest!
The best thing? You don’t need to own a dog to come and enjoy lots of doggy cuddles and licks. Our dog cafes have had rave reviews from Time Out, The Telegraph, Lad Bible and more… it’s official, we host the biggest and the BEST experience for any dog lover! Its the perfect present for your dog-loving friend or partner.
The amazing Pop + Bark Pupuccino Bar will rolling into the beautiful astro-turfed area where The Spritz Social is currently taking up residence. On the 19th June between 9am and 11am we will be hosting a 2 hour four-legged takeover!
Your dog will get a free Pupuccino worth £3.50 and you can choose from a host of tasty toppings including pink pupcorn sprinkles, doggy jazzies, blueberries and more.
There’ll also be a delicious Doggy Bakery selling freshly baked Pupcakes, Dognuts, Dog-friendly Cookies and more. Plus, our brand new Pawesome Pick and Mix stall.
Pug Café’s dog events are all about treating your dog to their best day out! So for anyone looking to spoil their pup ever more then make sure you visit The Crafty Dog Co pop up shop where you can browse their latest cute and quirky dog harnesses, collars and accessories.
Meanwhile, All Bar One will be serving the humans drinks and their popular breakfast and brunch-style dishes from avocado smash and posh breakfast baps to sweet brownies and waffles with syrup. There’ll also be coffees, smoothies and their famous Mimosas for those who want to get that party started! You will be able to order safely via the All Bar One app or through a server. Please note, food and drink are not included in the ticket price – the ticket covers entry only.
We will also be celebrating the release of our book Happy Dog Days at the Pug Café which tells the heart-warming tale of how Bertie the Pug invented the world’s first café for dogs. As a special treat, you can also pre-order a signed copy of the book for collection on the day when you buy your tickets for the event. Its the perfect present!
All well-behaved pooches are welcome, but there are some doggy do’s and dont’s:
- Do bring your friendly, well socialised & vaccinated dog
- Do feel free to let your dog off lead once inside the outdoor café
- Do keep a close watch over your dog as they remain your responsibility
- Don’t leave dog mess behind – bag and bin it
- Don’t take your dog into Westquay shopping centre, it’s The Esplanade only!
- Don’t bring aggressive dogs – if they harm another dog or person it will be your liability
Plus, there’ll be plenty of fun photo opportunities for the insta-savvy pup! A competition will run all morning and if you upload a winning social photo or video of your dog enjoying the café you’ll be in with a chance of winning a pawsome prize.
Our previous breed specific events in Southampton have been extremely popular so we cannot wait to be back with an event for all dogs! If you couldn’t attend our Pug, Dachshund and Frenchie events now is your chance to enjoy our famous experience.
Share this event with ALL your dog owning and dog loving family and friends – and don’t forget to grab your tickets now before they sell out! Tickets are extremely limited.
Even though lockdown is lifting, we will be taking all appropriate safety measures and have worked closely with Westquay to ensure that the open air dog café will be safe to go ahead. This includes:
- Large outdoor area with well spaced out seating plan
- Hand sanitising stations
- Temperature checks on arrival
- Face masks to be worn when not sat at a table
In our commitment to hosting safe events in this post Covid-19 time, we advise guests that are coming to be completely free of any Covid-19 symptoms. Furthermore, we do advise you take a Lateral Flow test (available from the NHS for free) prior to attending to ensure you do not have Covid-19. This will not be checked on the day, but we do advise you do this to keep yourself and others safe.
Should the event need to be cancelled or rescheduled due to government advise or change in law, you will receive a refund.
T&Cs of attending:
- Dogs coming to the open air dog café must be friendly, well socialised and up to date with their vaccinations. If your dog is showing aggression towards other dogs or humans you will be asked to leave.
- Pug Cafe and Westquay take no responsibility for your dog or its actions, you must keep them safe and if your dog harms another dog or person it will fall under your own liability.
- Dog owners are welcome to let their dog off lead but must take responsibility for their safety and actions – the picket fence around the event area may have a gap tall enough for very small dogs to get under or may be short enough for larger dogs to jump over – you must use your own discretion as to whether you choose to let you dog off lead or not.
- Please check your Pet Insurance to ensure your dog is covered for public liability in the event they harm another dog or person. Should you bring more than one dog, ensure you have enough people to care responsibly them – suggested dog to human ratio is 2:1
- If you or your dog are harmed by someone else’s dog you must resolve the matter with the dog’s owner – Pug Cafe and Westquay take no responsibility for the actions of the dogs attending.
- You must purchase the correct ticket to attend. If you are bringing a dog in your booking you are all classed as ‘Dog Owners’ and should be in possession of Dog Owner tickets and in attendance with a dog.
- If you are not bringing a dog with you to the event in your booking you must buy a Dog Lover ticket.
- All children must be accounted for – children 16 or under are charged a reduced rate and children 6 or under are free but you must still order a ticket for them.
- All dogs must be accounted for – you must purchase a ticket for your dog (they are free) do not attend without a ticket for your dog. If you attend and do not bring a dog with you but have purchased a Dog Owner or Guest ticket it will be at the discretion of the organisers as to whether you are allowed in – you will be required to pay the additional costs to convert your ticket to a Dog Lover ticket plus a service fee.
- There is a No Refund policy in place however you may transfer your ticket to a friend or family member in the event you cannot attend.
- Dogs receive a free Pupuccino, but all other food and drinks for humans and dogs are payable – the ticket covers entry only.
- We reserve the right to reschedule or cancel the event at any time.