We are bringing our mobile pupuccino bar and open air cafe to The Oracle in Reading on Saturday 12th September from 9am-6pm.
It’s the news every dog owner and dog lover in Berkshire has been waiting for. You can bring your furry friend to the Riverside (for one day only!) and treat them to a pupuccino and a pupcake outside overlooking the River Kennet.
Pop + Bark will rolling into town so you can order a pupuccino with all your dog’s favourite toppings and order some delicious treats including Dognuts, Woofins, Cookied, Pupcorn and more. We’ll release the menu sooner the time!
Alongside the open air dog café will be a small selection of dog stalls including The Crafty Dog Co where you can shop their latest dog accessories, harnesses, collars and more.
Plus, there’ll be plenty of fun and fabulous photo opportunities for the insta-savvy pup! A photo competition will be running all day and if you upload a winning photo or video of your dog enjoying the outdoor café to social media and you’ll be in with a chance of winning a prize!
This open air cafe will be celebrating the pre-release of the book Happy Dog Days at the Pug Café which tells the heart-warming tale of Bertie the Pug and his owner Anushka how he invented the world’s first café for dogs. Every dog that comes for a pupuccino will be given a money-off coupon for the book which can be ordered on pre-sale on Amazon.
The Riverside is host to popular eateries including Nando’s, Mission Burrito, Lemoni and more. On the 12th September many of them will be signing up to be dog friendly for the day and will be welcoming you to dine alfresco with your dog in tow. We’ll confirm which ones in the next few weeks so you can plan ahead!
All well-behaved pooches are welcome to pop as see us at the pupuccino bar and open air café, it’s open from 9am-6pm. Just remember these dog rules for bringing your dog:
– Only bring your friendly, well socialised & vaccinated dogs
– Keep your dog on a short lead at all times
– Take responsibility for your dog’s care & safety
– Do seek medical assistance for your dog if you need it – we’re doggy first aid trained
– Bag and bin your dog’s mess or it’ll be a public offence
– Don’t take your dog into The Oracle, it’s Riverside only pups!
– Don’t bring too many dogs with you – you must be able to control them
– Don’t bring an aggressive dog as you will be asked to leave
– Don’t let your dog go under or over the safety railings by the River
– Remember Pug Cafe & The Oracle take no responsibility for your dog’s actions if they harm another person or dog – you will be held liable. Likewise, if you are harmed by a dog you must resolve the issue with the dog owner.
We have taken all the necessary precautions to make this experience as safe as possible including Risk Assessments and a Covid-19 Safety Plan. Please read the guidelines below that you can follow on the day to ensure you’re keeping safe!
· If you are unwell, showing Covid-19 symptoms or meant to be quarantining please do not come – you must stay at home!
· It’s an open air shopping and eating space open to all so keeping 1-2 metres apart
· Observe social distancing markings, follow queue directions & follow instructions
· Sanitising station will be available for use but bring your own too
· Props for photo opportunities will be cleaned regularly but please help us by not touching props unnecessarily and sanitising regularly
· Bring your own water and bowl for your dog. Upon guidelines from CFSG we cannot supply shared drinking bowls.
· Only one household can browse a stall at a time with a no touch policy unless absolutely necessary. Contactless payment is preferred!
· Be sensible and disperse if the area is getting too busy and listen to staff and security if they ask you to spread out or leave – they’re there to keep everyone safe!
· Sorry, but no touching of other people’s dogs no matter how cute as their body/collar/harness may still pose a risk for transmission of the virus.
· Take responsibility of your own safety please
“Add a testimonial from someone who loves what you do.”Jane Doe